Have you been injured in a motor vehicle accident and are unsure what your rights and entitlements are? You are in the right place.

An injury may have a big impact on a person’s life and during this time recovery should be priority. The last thing an injured person should worry about is dealing with the complex legal processes which can inhibit a person’s recovery and make a stressful time worse.

Legislation surrounding personal injury compensation changes frequently, so it is important that injured victims obtain advice from an expert personal injury lawyer who is across these developments. We will guide you through the entire process and protect your interests so that you can focus on your recovery.

What to do when you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident

  1. See your doctor and obtain a “Certificate of Capacity.” 
  2. Report your accident to the police within 28 days of the accident. 
  3. Lodge your Application for Personal Injury Benefits claim form on the at fault CTP insurer as soon as possible within 28 days to ensure that you receive all the benefits. We can help you with the lodgment of your claim form.   
  4. Seek legal advice from Littles Lawyers as strict time limits apply during your claim so it is important that you have the correct legal advice from the beginning to ensure you are not disadvantaged.  

What can you claim?

  • Medical and treatment expenses  
  • Loss of wages 
  • Domestic and personal care expenses 
  • Pain and suffering & loss of enjoyment of life

Medical expenses, care expenses and some loss of wages are paid on an ongoing basis, this is known as “statutory benefits”. Pain and suffering damages and some loss of earnings, known as damages, is paid as a single lump sum.  

How much compensation will I receive?

The amount of compensation you are entitled to receive as well as the damages you can claim will depend on the extent of your injuries and whether they are classified as “minor” or “non-minor” injuries under the legislation.

We can provide you with advice on the extent of your injuries and entitlements. If we believe the insurance company has incorrectly classified your injury as “minor”, we will undertake all work necessary to challenge the decision and have it overturned.

Strict time limits apply when challenging the insurance company’s decision so ensure you seek legal advice immediately.

Getting the right advice is important as the laws relating to compensation are complex. Contact us today via our free Claim Checker for some advice on your injuries and entitlements.

Why Littles Lawyers?

  • No two clients are the same. We will ensure that you are provided with the appropriate legal service tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
  • We also speak over sixteen languages. With expert lawyers from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, we understand your personal situation and we are dedicated to advocating for the rights of individuals who may experience inequality in society and when pursuing claims.
  • We make the legal process easy for you, no complex legal terminology.
  • All our claims are conducted on a “No Win, No Fee” basis. We also cover any disbursements incurred throughout your claim so that you have no upfront payments.

Get in touch with us today by using our free Claim Checker or contact Julia for a free initial consultation and no obligation chat.

Like? Share it with your friends.